November 07, 2018
Updated GYB info
A few updates from GYB.
- First week of skills and drills was a HUGE success. We had over 100 kids attend as well as really high coach attendance. We want to thank all the parents who took the time out of their weekend to bring their son or daughter up. All of the kids worked extremely hard while also being very respectful to all our coaches. Also a huge thanks to the coaches for making themselves available whether it be to gather new information or to assist in the workout. Lastly a big thanks to coach Brandon Baker for being a part of the practice and and to coach Wake for making the gym available for our use. The schedule for the rest of the year is posted below.
2. We are currently forming our 7th and 8th grade recreational teams. The deadline to sign up is Thursday November 8th.
3. We've received numerous inquiries of people looking to make donations to Goshen Youth Basketball. We have created an option that will allow you to do that. Donations will go towards equipment, extra game fees, extra gym time, possibly tournaments, etc. Thanks to all that donate!!
Please share. Please direct anyone interested to the registration page on the Goshen Youth Basketball website.
******************************Skills and Drills*******************************
Purpose: provide an opportunity for GYB players to have a practice specifically developed around working on fundamental skills as well as receive instruction from our HS coaching staff.
Where: Goshen High School. Enter through the back doors.
Time: k-3 will be 5pm-6pm. 4th-6th grade will be 6pm-8pm
November 4th and 18th
December 2,9, and 16
January 6, 13, 20, 27
February 3, 10, 17
- At this time most of you should have been contacted by your coach. If you have not please reach out to a GYB board member.
2. Practices are allowed to begin November 1 in some buildings and November 5th in others. Please understand losing practice time is something that GYB or the coach has control over. We are at the mercy of the schools.
3. Spirit-wear is available at http://goshenbasketballshop.com/?fbclid=IwAR2gP3LkMqICE1taz3oRTJ6bnOr5X3bGt5vpWQ0biw80Q9PNZP7vAqb-NTs. Some spirit wear will allow for free entrance into home games only. The online shop is closed at the moment. It will open back up November 16-25.
4. Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball (CPYBL) is the name of the league we will be competing in. Please visit their website to learn more about how the league works.
5. If your child is playing basketball with GYB this year the following waiver MUST be completed in order to play. You were prompted to do this when you registered but in case it was over-looked I have made it available here. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS ASAP. THIS WILL ALLOW THE COACHES TO STOP HARASSING YOU TO GET IT DONE.
http://www.cpybl.com/liability-waiver-header IF YOUR SON IS A KINDERGARTNER JUST CHECK FIRST GRADE WHEN TAKING CARE OF THIS.
6. Lindsay's law is law put in place in Ohio to be sure parents were informed on the issues surround Sudden cardiac arrest. There is a video and handout you are required to watch along with your child in order to play for GYB. Here again this info was presented to you at the time of registration however in case it was missed I have made it available here.
https://www.odh.ohio.gov/landing/Lindsays-Law.aspx. ALL YOU NEED TO DO HERE IS WATCH THE VIDEO.
7 .An early heads up: On January 5 the Goshen boys and girls varsity team will be playing in the same gymnasium where the classic movie Hoosiers was filmed. Game times are girls at 4:30 and boys at 6.
8. New rule this year: If a parent gets suspended from a game that parents child is suspended the same amount of games. We need our parents on their best behavior.
9.. Many people have asked about our Sunday night skills and drills program. We do hope to run the program again this year. Dates and times will be announced in the future.
10. The past weekend our varsity basketball staff put on an hour long coaches clinic for our youth coaches. We had a great attendance and believe all coaches got something from the time spent there. A big thank you to the varsity staff.
11. Once again a huge thanks to all of our sponsors. Take the time to check them out on our Facebook page or the homepage of our website. They are:
Graffiti screen printing
Lutz Surveying Services
D and G trucking
Unique auto detailing
Crossroads Auto sales
B tak photography
CJ’S Wholesale flooring
J.R. Grundy Plumbing
Papa Johns (Goshen)